Monday, October 5, 2009

Outside Reading

For Whom the Bell Tolls did not immediately grab my attention but as I went I got drawn into it. He has a very steady, almost bland writing style but the characters are growing on me and I'm getting into the story.

I'm fairly sure that imagery is the most dominant, there are long paragraphs and full pages of imagery throughout. I'm not completely sure but it seems like that as of now. He writes like this to build realistic characters and settings. To make the story come alive. He builds up a setting so we can have insight into the character's feelings about their scenery.

The tone is very informative and impartial. It switches back and forth, though, with impartial because it states that someone is bad, is not good. But it states this as fact, as a given. It seems that the writing is always impartial and just represents the character's honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment