Friday, October 30, 2009

Characterization: Your best friend

I'm gonna write about an old friend, doesn't live around here anymore and don't see him much, but he's still a friend. His name was Walter, but he asked to be called Will. He was a little on the heavy side with long hair down to the back of his head. He wore odd clothes and sometimes was made fun of for that, but I didn't care. He would make up these funny and cool stories, which hold their quality to me today, I always thought he'd be a writer like he wanted to be. I hope he's getting his chance today. People always thought he was a little weird but they didn't get to know him, and he had a hard time getting to know people.
Will was always very creative and when you got to know him he was energetic and even hyper. But he was also an introvert, and rarely even spoke to people he didn't know well. Which is why it took his and my mom being best friend's for me to get to know him. Other kids thought he was weird because they didn't understand him and he never told them how he felt.
I still miss Will and regret the day I heard he was moving, his father was in the army and his frequent moves may have been the reason for his unwillingness to extend friendship to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment