Friday, May 21, 2010

Essay Writing

Speaking of the skills relevant to essay writing, I believe I have gained and/or refined those skills throughout the year. Which I hope will be relevant in my essay. The skills involving both literary terms and how to express my thesis and opinions in a manner both relevant and succinct. I have learned how commentary should relate to the concrete details, and what commentary should be like, original and new. Gaining these skills has helped quite a bit in essay writing, and writing overall, learning what makes a piece of work easy/fun to read, how the pacing of a work should play out and many other things.
I do think that on occasion I have problems in expressing the original thoughts I do have. I have a hard time condensing all I want to say into a single essay and I will have problems both relating commentary to solid examples. I think I have a few things to learn but overall the year has taught a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment