Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Conclusion to my Blogs

Looking back at all of my blogs throughout the year it was difficult to pick out a running theme or meaning to blogs including one examining the romance of Hey Arnold and another talking about violent imagery in For Whom the Bell Tolls. But one thing I have noticed is my tendency to try to relate the topic in the way I see it, through my writing, what I reference, even how I say basic themes I've tried to do it in my own way. I may not have understood everything or had my own "unique" thought but even then I tried to compare it to something I did understand or through terms that allowed me to relate. When I compare the love theme of Romeo and Juliet to a kid's TV show it's because that was a place where I noticed it, albeit in a basic form, but in remembering it and seeing that in something I did understand helped me know the work better. Even with themes I could understand like dissatisfaction, friendship, the want for something better I had my own personal viewpoint on them. And I think my viewpoint has tried to show the theme of being an independent being in control of yourself. In examining Romeo and Juliet use of dream's I agree that dreams have meaning but more as a warning, a warning to change your future not just to mindlessly bore onwards into any obstacles. I blamed Pip in Great Expectations for his lot in life, as he chose his path. He should try to change things instead of constantly moaning. He eventually changed and did right but that was his duty in the first place. I think that people should live life to their own ends, and to get what you or they want they have to strive to achieve it. In my examination of Somewhere to Paris I say that being happy with your lot in life is of the utmost importance, and if that's not true it's up to you to change your situation. I think this is what I've shown, on purpose or not that is the running theme, one that I agree with as well.


Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.
-William James

No comments:

Post a Comment